- APM-Maersk: Based in Copenhagen, Denmark; is the strongest company in the world, conducts commercial operations at 325 ports, has 200 routes established. Its fleet consists of 600 ships and has 470 containers with a total capacity of 2,400,000 TEU’S. The percentage of market management worldwide is 15.9%.
- Mediterranean Shg Co: Its fleet consists of 462 boats, currently has a presence in 316 ports, which it reaches through 200 routes. It has an approximate 444 containers, which have a capacity of 2,193,000 TEU’S. The percentage of market management worldwide is 14.7%.
- CMA CGM Group: Its fleet is 410 units, it works with 170 routes. It has a capacity of 414 containers, 1,446,000 TEU’S. The percentage of market management worldwide is 10.7%.
- COSCO Shipping Co Ltd:Is a China Shipping Company which has 130 ships, through which it reaches 100 ports. It has 161 containers with a total capacity of 740,000 TEU’S. The percentage of market management worldwide is 8.3%.
- Hapag-Lloyd: This German shipping company has 150 vessels, 146 containers with capacity of up to 670,000 TEU’S and works on 90 different sea routes. The market share of the world market is 5.1%.
- Evergreen Line: That’s just the trade name of the company, since under this are four shipping firms, Evergreen Marine, Italia Marittima, Evergreen Marine UK and Hong Kong Evergreen Marine cluster. Evergreen Line has 106 routes, of which 35% are in Asia, its main market, followed by Europe, with 33% and the rest is for Africa and America. The capacity of all its units reaches the 730,289 containers of 20 feet. The market share of the world market is 4.9%.
20 Oct 2017